- AAP Clinical Report
These actual cases are dramatic examples of how implementation of environmental control measures made a major difference in the asthma control of children. The focus of a new AAP clinical report, Indoor Environmental Control Practices and Asthma Management, is to help pediatricians raise awareness of, identify and address indoor environmental issues with families of asthma patients. The report provides information on specific indoor allergens and indoor pollutants and discusses salient features of environmental histories and management plans. A wide range of studies that involve environmental assessments and interventions are referenced.
- AAP manual "Pediatric Environmental Health," 3rd edition
- AAP policy statement "Clinical Practice Policy to Protect Children from Tobacco, Nicotine and Tobacco Smoke (2015)"
- EPA resource on addressing the school environment,
- CDC resource on addressing the school environment
- Legal assistance with environmental remediation efforts
- Information on joining the AAP Section on Allergy and Immunology