“The pediatrician’s office, and the entire health care setting, should be a safe, accepting place for transgender children and youth,” said AAP President Benard P. Dreyer, M.D., FAAP. Dr. Dreyer addressed the topic in the August AAP News “Letter from the President,” http://bit.ly/2dmBc4t.
- AAP Section on LGBT Health & Wellness
- "Office-based Care for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning Youth," AAP policy statement
- "Office-based Care for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning Youth," AAP technical report
- Transgender children and youth, Human Rights Campaign Foundation
- "Pediatricians should not be transgender children’s first bully," Letter from the President, August 2016 AAP News