Advertising Disclaimer »
Tools and Links
The Academy is partnering with the Children’s Cardiomyopathy Foundation (CCF) for
Children’s Cardiomyopathy Awareness Month. Following are five facts about the disease:
1. Cardiomyopathy is a chronic disease of the heart muscle that affects the heart’s
ability to pump blood.
2. Cardiomyopathy is a leading cause of sudden cardiac arrest in young people and
can affect any child.
3. Cardiomyopathy remains the leading cause of heart transplants in children older
than 1 year of age.
4. There is no cure for the disease.
5. Cardiomyopathy can be inherited or acquired through a viral infection or cancer
chemotherapy. Knowing your family history can help prevent premature death.
Pediatricians can share information via Twitter by urging families to #KnowYourHeart.
For more information, visit www.childrenscardiomyopathy.org, call the CCF at 866-808-2873 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in spreading the word on AAP Gateway.
NOTE: We only request your email address so that the person you are recommending the page to knows that you wanted them to see it, and that it is not junk mail. We do not capture any email address.