AAP Grand Rounds Permissions
The American Academy of Pediatrics has partnered with Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink® service to process all permission requests for AAP journal material. Requests to reproduce material from articles copyrighted in AAP News should be directed to Copyright Clearance Center's Rightslink®.
To request permission for any AAP Grand Rounds article, locate your desired content, including the AAP image number (if applicable). Click "Request Permissions" to the right of the abstract in the shaded box under “Services”.
Fill in your use and answer the following RightsLink questions as appropriate. To complete your order, you will need to log in to your existing account (or create a new one), indicate payment preferences, and accept the AAP Terms and Agreement.
If you have any questions about permissions or require additional assistance, please call Rightslink Customer Care at 978/777-9929 or e-mail email@example.com.
General Information about AAP Permissions:
- AAP Grand Rounds authors requesting permission to reuse their own previously published material in a new publication where they are the author (or editor) must go through the RightsLink process outlined above. For “Requestor Type”, the author should select “Author of this AAP article”.
- The AAP can only approve permission requests for material that is owned by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Please ensure that any figure/image/table/graph used in an AAP article is not credited to another source. If the material you want to reproduce is cited to another source, you must contact that source directly.
- You must reproduce any figure/image/table/graph exactly as it was originally published in AAP Grand Rounds. No deletions, alterations, or other changes may be made to the information or statistical data without the written consent of the AAP.
- The AAP will only grant permission for the use of an entire article, figure, image, table or graph. The AAP will not grant permission for the use of portions of text from an AAP Grand Rounds article.
- Permission to use material from AAP-published books must be obtained through the Copyright Clearance Center's Republication Service. Permission to use material from other non-journal and non-book publications must be obtained through the AAP Licensing and Permissions Specialist. Please contact the Licensing and Permissions Specialist by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding permission or reprints.
- Permission will not be granted for any AAP Grand Rounds material that has not been published.
English-language reprint orders of specific articles can be placed for 100 or more copies. To order or receive a price quote, please contact:
Reprint Sales Manager
The Walchli Tauber Group
2225 Old Emmorton Road
Bel Air, MD 21015
Office Telephone: 443/512-8899
All reprints are saddle-stitched and self-covered, unless covers are ordered. Any alteration from the standard pages is subject to additional charges. Orders exceeding 1,000 copies are subject to special quotations. E-print format is also available upon request. Prepayment must accompany reprint orders.
Single copies (PDF format) of articles may be downloaded from the AAP Grand Rounds Web site. Subscribers may download single copies of articles free of charge. Non-subscribers may download single copies for a small fee. For prices and information, go to the article you wish to download. If you are not a subscriber, ordering information will appear.
To Contact AAP Journal Permissions Directly:
American Academy of Pediatrics
345 Park Ave
Itasca, IL 60143